at your fingertips.
Welcome to R.A.D. Employment Services, Inc, an outstanding Boston staffing firm specializing in temporary staffing, temp-to-hire and permanent placement in the Greater Boston area. Whether you are a candidate for a permanent position, a student seeking a vacation assignment or a company needing potential permanent or temporary candidates or seeking to payroll one or more individuals, R.A.D. can help you on many different levels. R.A.D. is a SOMWBA certified woman-owned business.Learn More
Temporary and Permanent Staffing –
For over 40 years, R.A.D. has concentrated on providing what our clients want and how they want it. Primarily focusing on administrative, accounting and financial services placements in our permanent division, and administrative support, as well as legal and accounting positions, in our temporary division. R.A.D. has assisted countless employers and provided consistent dedication to providing solutions for their staffing requirements.
R.A.D.’s reputation has been built upon our selection process. We take no short cuts and only send applicants who can perform effectively in your specific office environment, saving you time and effort.
R.A.D. places individuals in the following areas:
- Administrative Support
- Customer Service
- Desktop Publishing
- Human Resources
- Legal Secretarial
- Marketing Research
- Office Management
- Web Design
- Word Processing
- Professional and Para-professional positions with financial services firms
Our Staffing Services
R.A.D. Employment Services was founded in 1971 by Bob Dorne. Bob is a former Boston Jaycee of the Year and a past vice president of both the state temporary and permanent staffing associations.
Kerrin Dorne, our COO, joined R.A.D. in 1990, and manages all our administrative and financial processes. Kerrin directed projects for the Boston Jaycees and has been active in alumni programming and fundraising for her alma maters.
Why R.A.D. Employment?
From your first call, an experienced R.A.D. consultant services you and your company, assisted by our entire staff. Naturally, every search has its own distinctive characteristics. We focus on your specific needs, desires and culture. The results: prompt, thoughtful and efficient service, focusing not only on an applicant’s experience and skills, but intangibles such as attitude and professionalism.
Unlike other staffing services who tout themselves as the “best” in the city, we have no delusions of grandeur. We don’t boast, but simply do our job to the best of our abilities day in, day out. We recognize that our opinion of ourselves is irrelevant.
The only opinion that matters, is yours.
R.A.D. Temps was formed in 1973 to accommodate the temporary needs of our applicants and clients. Our services are provided to you at no expense and without regard to race, color, disability, age, creed, sex, marital status, sexual orientation or national origin.
We have spent over 40 years helping skilled candidates find opportunities with many of Boston’s most highly regarded companies and organizations.
R.A.D. treats our applicants like people, not objects on an assembly line. That is one of the many reasons people like working with us. If you value straight talk and people who listen intently to you and make a concerted effort on your behalf, R.A.D. is the staffing firm for you.
Conducting an efficient search by yourself can be difficult, especially if you are already employed. Even with the resources of the Internet, it is hard to be completely knowledgeable of a company’s requirements, reputation, benefits, employee relations and culture.
- Temporary Staffing
- Temp-to-Hire Staffing
- Permanent Placement
We maintain close contact with you throughout the assignment, allowing us to accurately gauge the quality of the your performance and your satisfaction with our service.
R.A.D. can make our wealth of knowledge available to you. We are acutely aware of the dynamics of the marketplace. We know our clients intimately, the criteria they have for prospective employees, the opportunity for growth within the company. We are very conscious of people’s time constraints and never arrange an interview unless there is a very good possibility of a hire.
The interview process is very important. R.A.D. will provide you all the pertinent information about the employer. We will highlight what we think you should emphasize about your experience. We will speak with you about your background, interests and goals. We will also work diligently with you to the point of hire, whether it is with one of our clients or a position you obtain on your own.
The following information is included to aid you in the interviewing process. Keep this information in mind to help you achieve a more successful interview.
Interview Tips Questions to Ask:
- What are the responsibilities of the position?
- Who do I report to?
- What is necessary to be successful in the position?
- What kind of training will be involved?
Questions Not to Ask:
- Are there opportunities for promotion? The company is seeking to fill a position, not just hiring someone who is using the position as a stepping stone.
- Questions involving salary, benefits, and vacation policy. Wait for the subject to be brought up by the employer.
Things to Remember:
- Do your research before the interview. Be prepared to answer questions about the company.
- Dress professionally for all interviews, regardless of the position or company.
- Do not be late, or too early. Arrive 5-10 minutes early.
- Bring a fresh, unfolded copy of your resume to the interview.
- Introduce yourself professionally and confidently. Be friendly to everyone you meet.
- Do not make negative remarks about former or current employers.
- Respond to questions and back up your statements about yourself with specific examples whenever possible.
- Be honest, thorough, and concise in your responses.
Questions to be Prepared for – Temp-to-Perm and
- Why do you want to work for our company?
- What interests you about our product or services?
- What do you find most attractive about this position? What seems least attractive about it?
- What strengths will you bring to this position?
- What weaknesses do you have?
- What contributions have you made at your previous positions that would help you succeed in this one?
- What do you look for in a job?
- In your last position, what features did you like the most? The least?
- Why did you leave your last job?
- What would you like to be doing five years from now?
15 Mistakes Applicants Make in Interviews
Please take these tips into consideration when preparing for an interview. Keeping them in mind will help you to have the best interview possible.
- Arriving late, or too early to the interview
- Not dressing professionally
- Not filling out the application completely
- Exhibiting a lack of interest in the company
- Expressing dissatisfaction with past employers
- Having poor eye contact during the interview
- Giving a weak handshake
- Failing to express appreciation for an interviewer’s time
- Not asking questions about the position
- Giving vague responses to questions
- Using poor diction and/or grammar
- Exhibiting a lack of future career plans
- Appearing nervous or fidgety
- Giving the perception of an unwillingness to work up the ladder
- Appearing indecisive
At the conclusion of the interview, it is important to:
- Ask if there’s anyone else they would suggest you speak with
- Indicate your interest level
- Ask when they expect to make a decision
- Thank the interviewer for his/her time and consideration
- Send a brief follow-up note, thanking the interviewer for meeting with you. Express your interest in the company again.
The only opinion that matters is yours.
Since R.A.D.’s founding, we’ve always placed ourselves in our clients’ shoes. As a result, our clients know we understand them, their companies, industry and individual needs. They also know they get our very best effort time and time again. R.A.D. is about successful matches. Whether the need is temporary, temp to hire, or permanent, we know whom to send for each assignment. The reason: Consistent communication with both client and applicant and our commitment to get the job done right. We maintain close contact with you throughout the assignment, allowing us to accurately gauge the quality of the temporary’s performance and your satisfaction with our services.
At R.A.D. Employment Services, we take great efforts in assuring your company extremely competitive rates. If you have any questions regarding our rate schedule, our coordinators would be glad to assist you or send you pertinent information.
Need a temporary worker at the last minute?
Our office is open at 8:00 a.m. and stays open until 5:00 p.m. Monday through Thursday, Wednesday until 5:30 p.m., and until 5:15 p.m. on Friday. If you have a last-minute requirement, call us at 617-742-9180 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Our Guarantee to the Client
Our guarantee is a one hundred percent commitment to finding the best possible candidate for your needs. If a problem arises, our entire staff will provide a solution with speed and accuracy.
That is one of the many reasons so many employers request our assistance year after year and are confident and comfortable utilizing our services.
R.A.D. assures the quality of all our temporaries through up-to-date skills testing, detailed reference checks, and in-depth interviews. If you are dissatisfied with an individual’s performance, no charge will be issued for the first four hours of employment.
We also pay Social Security, Unemployment and Payroll taxes, provide Bonding and Workers’ Compensation coverage. R.A.D. pays holidays after 1,500 hours of service, as well as referral and performance bonuses.